Achieve College Success... Learn How in One Semester or Less...Full First Edition
- RAYMOND GERSON
- Full First Edition
- ISBN 978-1-7332940-0-3
- 262 pages
- List Price: $47.95
Inspired by Professor Gerson's own experience as a troubled learner and an award winning teacher, Achieve College Success: Learn How in One Semester or Less. is designed to teach key life and study skills in practical, easy to understand terms.
Achieve College Full book learn how:
All concepts, exercises and techniques have been classroom proven in college and high school environments. Used alone, or with
Achieve Career Success... Discover and Get the Job You Want, Achieve College Success gives students the tools and motivation to define and achieve personal, academic and professional success.
You will discover ways to help your students learn:
- How to turn their dreams into achievable goals
- Career development ideas
- How to determine their types of intelligence
- Time management strategies and positive health tips
- Reading comprehension techniques
- How to build a strong vocabulary
- How to write well and take good notes
- Memory and test-taking strategies
- Secrets of critical thinking
- How to develop communication skills and successful relationships
- Financial management strategies
- How to create the life they desire and contribute to others
Book Features Include:
- A conversational tone that keeps material approachable and easy to understand.
- Pre-course and post-course assessments to direct studies and assess progress.
- Packed with activities and exercises to help students explore and cement skills and concepts.
- Success stories, student comments and introductions to topics help students see how to apply the skills and concepts presented in order to identify and achieve their personal goals.
Changes to the First Full edition includes:
- Streamlined interior page layout to speed learning
- Virtual learning marker icons to activities for readers to try and use
- Original poems by the author to aid recall and improve memory
- New article on "Retrieval Learning" in Chapter 4 - How to Read, Study, and Understand Texbooks.
Additional Instructor Resources:
- Sample Syllabus
- Instructor’s Manual
- Power Point Presentations
- Mindset Bonus chapter
- Premium instructor materials with day-by-day lesson plans and supplemental classroom activities
- 1-on-1 or group instructor coaching with author and speaker Raymond Gerson
- Customized Content Solutions: Achieve your curricular goals and learning outcomes with customized content for your student success programs. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about or custom solutions.
Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- Student Testimonials
- Comments by Educators
- Pre-Course Assessment
- Campus Resources
- Chapter 1
- How to Turn Your Dreams into Goals to Achieve The Success You Want
- Chapter 2
- Preparing for Career Success . . . Discover Your Skills, Values, and Interests
- Chapter 3
- How to Use Learning Styles and Types of Intelligences to Perform at Your Best
- Chapter 4
- To Students Who Want to Manage Their Time but Can’t Get Started
- Chapter 5
- Make Learning Easier … Discover How to Read, Study, and Understand Textbooks
- Chapter 6
- Build Your Vocabulary to Increase Your Intelligence and Achievement
- Chapter 7
- How to Take Good Notes and Write Well to Maximize Your Performance
- Chapter 8
- What Students Ought to Know about Memory and Test-Taking Strategies
- Chapter 9
- Discover the Secrets of Critical Thinking for Greater Success
- Chapter 10
- Build Great Relationships for A Successful and Fulfilling Life
- Chapter 11
- Secrets of Managing Your Money for a Happier and Better Life
- Chapter 12
- How to Create the Life You Want and Make a Positive Difference in the World
- Post-Course Assessment
- Appendix A: Examples of Student Papers
- Appendix B: Distance Learning/Distance Education
- Appendix C: Your College Library: A Great Resource
What People are Saying...
Former Student at Austin Community College.
Note: Alecia completed a Bachelors Degree
“This book and course changed my mindset and gave me the instruction to become a successful college student. I received my Associate Degree, I am gainfully employed and working on my BA.”
Teacher, Irion County ISD.
“I have been using your book with my students. This book is life-changing. It not only teaches school success, but also life success.”
Learn more about adopting this text into your College Readiness Program at